WSPA is excited to announce that we have launched a new online learning platform for homestudy webinars. Getting started learning at home and earning CE is easy! You‘ll just need your name, email, and a secure password when creating an account here: https://wspa-online-learning.thinkific.com/.
The web platform allows members and non-members to view pre-recorded events and even earn CE units. In this changing world, the ability to learn at your own pace and on your schedule is more important than ever. Most of the workshops will be asynchronously available for 2 years after the application approval, while others will have a much shorter availability due to the requirement of the presenters. Our flexible online learning courses use pre-recorded video lessons taught by entertaining and engaging industry professionals, covering topics from PSYPACT: A Road Trip to Ethical and Clinical Guidance in the Era of Volk.
The way the platform displays courses on the home page is a bit misleading, by implying that a course is free. Free with no CE is an option; however if you want CE, when you click on the course the fees for CE credits will appear. WSPA is also posting homestudy webinars presented by Alaska Psychological Association and their members are able to choose the member rate. You can view a complete list of all topics below or on our site: https://wspa-online-learning.thinkific.com/collections
Current Online Courses
- Are You Still Relying on Tarasoff to Make Decisions? Ethical and Clinical Guidance in the Era of Volk presented by Samantha Slaughter, Psy.D. & Tyson D. Bailey, Psy.D.
- Service Delivery to Minors and Families: Law and Ethics presented by Frances Schopick, JD, MSW & Karen Pavlidis, Ph.D.
- PSYPACT: A Road Trip presented by Janet Orwig, MBA, CAE
- Introduction to Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Diagnosis and Assessment presented by Sarah Mattson-Weller, Ph.D., Erika Stannard, Psy.D., Erin Johnson, Ph.D. & Jacqueline Beck, Ph.D.
- Secure Your Own Oxygen Mask First: Mindful approaches to preventing therapist burnout presented by Chris McCurry, Ph.D.
- Neurobehavioral Profiles Observed in Individuals with FASD Across the Lifespan presented by Susan J. Astley Hemingway, Ph.D. & Allison Brooks, Ph.D.