Washington State Psychological Foundation
Washington State Psychological Foundation is a state non-profit charitable organization affiliated with WSPA established to:
- Promote psychology as a science and as a profession by disseminating information through meetings, and publications;
- Encourage research, improve research methods, and apply research findings in the field of psychology;
- Promote the ethical practice of psychology;
- Promote the public welfare through the advancement of scientific, educational, and clinical interests;
- Raise funds to support other charitable organizations with charitable and educational purposes
The Foundation's recent activity has included a winter clothing and food drive to benefit asylum seekers in the state, recruiting WSPA members and mental health professionals to provide volunteer psychological evaluators for asylum cases, and supporting refugee mental health by partnering with Refugees Northwest.