Benefits of Membership
- Professional and legislative advocacy for mental health and psychology
- Continuing education registration at member rates
- Professional services to support those in clinical practice
- Networking opportunities to connect members with colleagues
Those experiencing financial hardship may be able to have their membership sponsored by another WSPA member. Please contact us for details
Strength in membership and supporter numbers helps to shape the field and profession of psychology through legislation in the state. Through our Director or Professional Affairs, Lobbyist and Grassroots Committee, we are the voice of psychologists before the Washington State Legislature, Governor, and Examining Board of Psychology.
Each year, WSPA delegates attending the APA Practice Leadership Conference (PLC) in Washington D.C. also lobby our U.S. Representatives and Senators on Capitol Hill on issues affecting psychology.
High Quality Continuing Education
In person CE workshops offer a better learning experience than webinars. WSPA strives to only provide APA-approved, high quality, CE workshops on trending topics and the always needed ethics CE's to fulfill your requirements.
Our CE Blast e-newsletter will keep you up to date on WSPA and other CE events around the state and online.
"Find A Psychologist" Referral Service
All members are added to our online statewide referral service and get new leads on clients. We provide many referrals each week to referral service members. Click here to learn more about our referral service.
Director of Professional Affairs (DPA) Consultation
WSPA is one of 15 state psychological associations with a Director of Professional Affairs. The DPA serves as a resource to licensed members with questions about clinical practice or the profession of psychology. This benefit is available at the Premium and Platinum membership levels. Click here to learn more and access our DPA contact information.
The Ethics Committee is a consultation resource for members with specific questions of ethics. The committee helps members think through ethical issues and thoughtful decision making. This benefit is available for Basic, Premium, Platinum, Retired, and Out of State members. Click here to learn more about the Ethics Committee and access contact information.
WSPA's Legal Committee provides 1-hour free consultation for new Basic members, and 2-hour free consultation for Premium and Platinum members. After the free consultation, members receive a discounted WSPA rate. Click here to learn more about our attorneys and access contact information.
Members have the opportunity to serve on committees, sit on the Board of Trustees, and serve as a representative to APA.
WSPA members are offered discounts on the following outside services. Members, click here to login and view details on member discounts.
- Newsletter / Website Advertising
- Credit Card Processing
- Member rates for Conventions and Programs
- Office Depot (Log in to view program and print store purchasing card)
- Legal Assistance
- Discount with Hushmail, HIPAA-compliant email service
- Website hosting discount at Therapy Sites
Connect You With Your Colleagues:
Get involved! Find an outlet for your talents by serving on any number of our active committees and task forces.
By joining WSPA, you have become a member of one of our six local chapters around the state. Chapters offer a more accessible and intimate setting in which to interact with colleagues, and operate somewhat autonomously. Get information more relevant to you and your area through our new monthly chapter newsletter, chapter websites, and chapter listservs.
WSPA offers the ability to communicate with members in a variety of ways including listservs for committees, chapters, referrals, and general interest groups.
WSPA‘s listserv is a member benefit to help members find answers to questions and build membership comradery. Please practice professional and cordial replies to your fellow members to keep a safe and professional communications environment. Also remember to start a new topic versus asking another question within the original post. This will ensure you will be able to track and following your topic as it gains replies.
Please note you must be a member and opted into the listserv below before sending an email. You will get an error message if you attempt to email the below address and are not opted in.
- Chapter 1: email@example.com
- Chapter 3: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chapter 4: email@example.com
- Chapter 5: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Career Psychologist: email@example.com
- End of Life: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Good Trouble: email@example.com
- LAC (Legislative Advocacy Committee): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retired/Emeritus: email@example.com
- RxP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DRN (Disaster Relief Network): email@example.com
- Grad Students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General List Serv (Referrals/Discussion): email@example.com
- Psychological Evals of Parents: firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Benefits- Retired/Emeritus/Out of State
Member Benefits- Student/Post-Grad/Post-Doc